CELEBRITIES        CULTURE        FASHION        FILM        FOOD        MUSIC        THEATRE        TRAVEL        TV

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Doctor Who?



Dear Bitches,

"You've got a time machine, I've got a gun. What the hell? Let's kill Hitler."

And with that the second instalment of this year's series of Doctor Who kicked off. Three months though. Three months(!) waiting in anticipation between the end of the first part ("A Good Man Goes to War") and "Let's Kill Hitler". At first I thought it was a ploy. After all, who amongst us hasn't used a bit of tease to keep the patrons wanting for more. But now it makes sense. The wait does make us feel that The Doctor had been searching for a while for Melody.

Much of the episode are spoilers and in an unusual act of kindness, I won't say much, except that I am frikkin in love with Rory! Isn't he just! I want to grab a tight hold of his face and press it into my heaving bosoms. So tight he'll need to gasp for air. He's so puppy dog cute, and that's just how I like my men - bumbling and puppyish. I'm declaring my crush now because you-know-who (ehem, Divorcé) has a knack for stealing someone's crushes.

I like Matt Smith more and more as The Doctor and I like what he and Steven Moffat are doing with the series but in every episode I am reminded of the absence of the Hamlet-like qualities that Russell T Davies and David Tennant had infused to the Doctor. I missed it. Terribly.

As for the series, I'm looking forward to more and I hope it won't get as messy as the first part. 'A Good Man Goes to War' was ambitious, but so messy it gave me a headache!


Until then, sweet-tarts. Kisses.

Hollie Go-Lightly

5 comments:

  1. Honey, first of all, someone capable of pressing someone's face into her "heaving bosoms" can NOT use the word "frikkin". I am so sorry but you are just not allowed.

    Hm, what else was I going to say? Well, nothing more really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now I remember. You can keep Rory, I've got nothing for him at all. Russel Tovey, on the other hand, is mine. Paws off, bitch.

    And yes, I like Matt Smith too. Not in the I-like-Russel-Tovey way, of course. As the doctor. I like him as the doctor. He's goofy and cute and that enormous FACE just has to be from another world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! OK, I guess by now it's obvious that I'm the real Doctor Who fan among us. I mean come on! Do you even know what a Whovian is?

    Anyway I found this on youtube, just so cute. Doctor Who theme a capella with lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divorce, how do you put that frikkin eyebrow above the e? And put that link to youtube, bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello? It already IS linked. Click on it, will you?

    é:

    Simplest way - cut and paste. You see my name above? Highlight it, cut, then paste on your own message.

    To type in Mac - press "alt/option" key and "E" together, release together, then type "e" (if you need it for other vowels, just type the vowel instead of "e"

    To type in Windows - press "alt" and hold while typing "0233" on the numerical keypad, then release.

    ReplyDelete